Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time to Refocus

Well friends, here we are at day 18 and I am 11 pounds lighter. This brings joy to my heart and, if i'm being honest, makes me a little sad. Why? Because I know that I am about to hit the point where I only lose 0-2 lbs. a week. And yes, I know, the faster you lose it...the faster it comes back on. So, in that regard, I would like to lose it nice and steady. I also know that it is healthy to lose no more than 2 pounds a week and I definitely want to do this the healthy way. But even so, I just want it all off. NOW. If only genies were real and I could just wish all of these pounds away and give myself the body of someone who worked out 5 times a week, right? But this will be worth it in the end...all of the struggle and discipline that it is taking.

BUT I think I might be too infatuated with it. And because I am thinking about it so often, it's almost as if I expect to drop a pound every hour. Every morning I wake up and plan what I am about to eat for the whole day...then all day long I think about how every bite of healthy food is going to make me more fit and trim...then I think about how I can't wait to feel light and carefree and then go shopping and buy all of the cute clothes I have been desiring for some many years while they were out of reach. I get so consumed with it all that I just expect that it happen faster...and it's not going to. It's almost as if I am forgetting that there is a great life going on around me because I have allowed myself to go to tunnel vision where all I see is Weight Watchers. All of my energy and focus are being put into one thing and I am neglecting all of the other important parts of my world.

So, I'm making a new goal today: I'm going to live life to it's fullest and not focus on the fact that I'm losing weight...i'm just going to enjoy the process of getting healthy while celebrating all of the great moments that make up my days.

1 comment:

April E. :) said...

Awesome goal...I am right there with you on the WW Tunnel Vision...We have to take of the blinders and realize that while we lose this weight we still have wonderful lives left to live to the fullest! Thanks for encouragement in your own way!