Hello all! This is my first blog of many. In starting the new year, I have decided to blog my journey of accomplishing my goals and enjoying my daily life.
To begin, let me list a few of my goals this year. I have decided to do this because of an inspirational sermon the Pastor Aaron gave on Goals this past Sunday. One of the things he mentioned was that people who list their goals are more likely to accomplish them. The other reason I am doing this is because I believe there is accountability in putting your goals out there for other people to see. Even if no one ever says a thing to me about them, I will know that they are out here...
1. Spend more time reading. This includes the bible and various literature. I want to continue to grow my relationship with the Lord and expand my intellect.
2. I want to work on many aspects of my personality. I believe that the statement, "That's just the way I am" is defeatist and untrue. I can change through Gods strength and my will power.
3. Get Healthy. I am going to lose weight. This has been an ongoing battle but this is the year that I am going to take positive control. I know it's not going to be easy, but most things worth doing aren't easy.
4. Travel more. Even if it's just for a weekend. I want to see more of this country. When I was on a plane to Italy a couple of years ago I sat next to a professor who said something to me that has really become a firm belief of mine. He said: "I travel because I want to experience different cultures not only because it's interesting, but because I want see if another culture would suit me better. I want to know that I live where I live because it's the best culture for me, not just because that's where I've been born and raised."
5. Be more active in personal ministry to those who God has surrounded me.
So there you have it. Five goals that I want to accomplish. These are not so much "2008" goals as they are my Life Goals.